3 cups raw walnuts*
10 medjool dates pitted
3 Tbsp coconut oil softened or melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
2 cups raw cashews soaked 3 hours
2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil melted
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp lemon juice **
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon to taste
1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
1. Soak the cashews for at least 3 hours (up to overnight).
2. Line an 8-inch spring form pie pan with parchment paper.
3. Add the ingredients for the crust to a food processor or blender and pulse until it is well-combined and forms a sticky dough.
4. Transfer the crust mixture to the parchment-lined pan and press it into an even layer. Stick the pan in the freezer while you prepare the pumpkin filling.
5. Drain the cashews and add them to a high-powered blender along with the remaining ingredients for the filling. Blend until super smooth and creamy. Taste the filling mixture for flavor and add more cinnamon, pure maple syrup, and/or sea salt to taste.
6. Pour the filling over the pie crust and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate pie at least 3 hours (note: you can also freeze the pie for 2 hours to get it to set up nicely and make it easier for transport. Thaw in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or at room temperature for 2 hours before serving).
7. Cut pie into slices and serve with a dollop of coconut milk whipped cream on top.
Recipe found on https://www.theroastedroot.net/