- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the quinoa into a small saucepan and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is evaporated. Turn off the heat and let quinoa sit covered for at least one hour.
- Place the sweet potato cubes into a roasting pan and toss with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes, or until you can just pierce the cubes with a fork. Set aside.
- Place the pine nuts into a small pan over medium heat until lightly toasted, stirring often. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, place the remaining three tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon. Whisk well.
- When the quinoa is dry, use a whisk to break apart the seeds and place into a large bowl. Add half the vinaigrette and mix with the whisk. Add more to taste, depending on how wet you like your quinoa.
- Add the sweet potatoes, pine nuts, and scallions and mix gently. Serve at room temperature.